Follow these basic Pirate speak phrases
- Ahoy! - "Hello!"
- Ahoy, me hearties! - Equivalent of "Hello, my friends!"
- Avast! - Stop and give attention. It can be used in a sense of surprise, "Whoa! Get a load of that!" which today makes it more of a "Check it out" or "No way!" or "Get off!"
- Aye! - "Why yes, I agree most heartily with everything you just said or did."
- Aye aye! - "I'll get right on that sir, as soon as my break is over."
- Arrr! - This one is often confused with arrrgh, which is of course the sound you make
when you sit on a belaying pin. "Arrr!" can mean, variously, "yes," "I agree,"
"I'm happy," "I'm enjoying this beer,"
and "That was a clever remark you or I just made."
And those are just a few of the myriad possibilities of Arrr!
- Savvy - "Is that okay with you? Do you understand?"
- Weigh anchor! - "Let's go!"